Hyperpigmentation around the mouth can be frustrating and difficult to treat. These dark spots and discoloration can be caused by a variety of factors, including hormonal changes, sun damage, and genetics. If you’re struggling with hyperpigmentation around the mouth, there are effective ways to treat it. In this blog post, we’ll cover the best treatments and products to help reduce hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s natural glow.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means I will earn a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
Which deficiency causes hyperpigmentation around mouth?
Hyperpigmentation around the mouth can be caused by a deficiency in certain vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, folic acid, and iron. If you suspect that your hyperpigmentation
Does hyperpigmentation around mouth go away?
Hyperpigmentation around the mouth can go away on its own, but it often requires treatment to fade. The length of time it takes for hyperpigmentation to go away depends on the underlying cause, the severity of the condition, and the treatment method used. Some people may see improvement in just a few weeks, while others may take several months or even years to see significant results.
How do you get rid of hyperpigmentation around the mouth?
There are several effective treatments for hyperpigmentation around the mouth. Some of the most popular treatments include:
- Topical treatments: Topical creams and serums containing ingredients such as hydroquinone, retinoids, and vitamin C can help to fade hyperpigmentation around the mouth.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels involve the application of a chemical solution to the skin to remove the outer layers and reveal fresher, more even-toned skin.
- Laser therapy: Laser therapy uses high-energy light to break up the pigmentation in the skin, encouraging the body to naturally remove it.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion involves the use of a small device to exfoliate the top layers of skin and promote the growth of new, more evenly-toned skin.
Best Products for Hyperpigmentation Around the Mouth
If you’re looking for products to help reduce hyperpigmentation around the mouth, there are several options to consider. Some of the most effective products include:
- Vitamin C serum: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help to brighten and even out skin tone. Look for a serum with a high concentration of vitamin C for maximum results.
- Hydroquinone cream: Hydroquinone is a topical cream that can help to fade hyperpigmentation by inhibiting the production of melanin.
- Retinoid cream: Retinoids are a type of vitamin A that can help to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Sunscreen: Wearing sunscreen every day can help to prevent further hyperpigmentation and protect your skin from further damage.
Best OTC Products for Hyperpigmentation Around the Mouth
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
- Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
- SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense
- The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
- PCA Skin Pigment Gel
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
- Paula’s Choice Resist 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment
- Obagi Nu-Derm 4 AM Exfoderm Forte
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
- La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Serum Intensive Dark Spot Correcting Serum
How do you get rid of hyperpigmentation around the mouth naturally?
In addition to medical treatments and using products, there are some effective home remedies that you can use to get rid of hyperpigmentation around your mouth. Here are some of the most popular home remedies:
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is a natural skin lightener that can help to reduce hyperpigmentation around the mouth. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to the affected area and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with cool water. You can repeat this treatment daily until you see improvement.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has natural skin lightening properties and can help to reduce hyperpigmentation. Apply fresh aloe vera gel to the affected area and leave it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off with cool water. Repeat this treatment twice a day for best results.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and skin-lightening properties that can help to reduce hyperpigmentation around the mouth. Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with a few drops of lemon juice to make a paste. Apply the paste to the affected area and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with cool water. You can repeat this treatment daily until you see improvement.
- Potato: Potatoes have natural bleaching properties that can help to reduce hyperpigmentation. Cut a potato into thin slices and place them on the affected area for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with cool water. You can also grate a potato and apply the juice to the affected area with a cotton ball. Repeat this treatment daily until you see improvement.
Hyperpigmentation around the mouth can be a frustrating and embarrassing problem, but it’s treatable. The most effective way to treat hyperpigmentation is by consulting a dermatologist and using medical treatments or products that are specifically designed for this condition. However, you can also try some home remedies to complement your treatment plan. With patience and persistence, you can achieve a clearer, more even skin tone and regain your confidence.